Hi everyone! I’m so excited to finally be posting the sign-ups for the Backlist Books Reading Challenge! I’ve wanted a challenge like this for some time and I am so proud to finally be taking the reins and doing it myself. It’s so easy to get swept up in ARCs or new releases, but when I first started blogging and reviewing, I was posting about books that had been out for a little while, books that I read before I started blogging, and whatever my library may have had available. There are so many amazing and wondrous books that came before 2015 and I think we need to get back to those! Don’t let those gems you may have missed go overlooked any longer.
- This is a 2016 challenge, running from January 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016
- For these purposes, I’m counting backlist books as anything published a year or more before the day you read it. So if it’s January 21st, 2016, the book you’re reading must have been published on January 21st, 2015 or earlier
- Books must be read and reviewed. You do not need a blog to enter, but a tumblr, a Goodreads account, just some place to put a little blurb after you’re done reading. A review can be a traditional review, a booktube video, a few sentences on GR. It’s up to you
- I’m not going to have any levels or anything like that. Read as much or as little as you want!
- At the end of each month, there will be a check-in post where everyone can link up their reviews
- There will be two giveaways – one at the end of June, and one at the end of December
- The giveaways will be international, but you must be signed up in order to enter
- Every backlist review is another entry
- The giveaways will be for 2 backlist titles, for one winner
- Leave the link to you blog or Goodreads profile in the linky below