Whitley from Reading With a Vengeance and I have teamed up to bring you a new reading challenge! Based on the Summer Reading Programs found at your local libraries, we thought it would be fun to bring that kind of excitement to your reading life this July.
One of my favorite parts of summer was getting the summer reading list for school, taking it to the local library, and earning rewards for each page I read. Sometimes I’d win a bookmark, and sometimes I’d win free pizza! I was going to be reading anyway, so why not get “paid” for it, right?
- Set your goals! There is no baseline requirement to join in this challenge. Only you know your own reading habits and what will be easy and what will actually be a challenge to complete.
- Track your weekly reading, and every Sunday, come back and report on whether or not you reached your weekly goal.
- Win prizes! There will be an epic giveaway at the end of July – the winnings will be announced when we start reading July 1st. Each week that you meet your goals = another entry in the Rafflecopter. Trust us, you want in on this package.
- There will also be a twitter chat on June 30th at 8pm Eastern (#BloggerSRP!)
To sign up:
- Make a sign-up post with your goals! This can be a simple tweet stating something like “I pledge to read 2 books a week for the Blogger Summer Reading Program!” Or it can be an entire blog post. It’s all up to you!
- You do not have to be a blogger to join, we’re just not very good at naming things.
- Add the link to your sign-up announcement in both the linky (so we can all see who’s participating!) and the Rafflecopter (for that giveaway entry!)
- Have fun!