The Blogger Summer Reading program is a month-long challenge pulled together by Whitley @ Reading With a Vengeance and myself to mimic the events happening in local libraries around the country. The idea is to pledge your goals, and win prizes just for reading this July. As a refresher, here are all the details you need to know in order to participate with us and possible take home some amazing books and swag.
- Set your goals! There is no baseline requirement to join in this challenge. Only you know your own reading habits and what will be easy and what will actually be a challenge to complete.
- Track your weekly reading, and every Sunday, come back and report on whether or not you reached your weekly goal.
- Win prizes! There will be an epic giveaway at the end of July – one US winner will receive an Alice in Wonderland prize pack including an ARC of Heartless by Marissa Meyer. And TWO international winners will receive a book of their choice from the Book Depository.
- The check-in days will be every Sunday except July 3rd. We will be switching blogs each week so be sure to follow each of us on Twitter or our blogs to be up to date.
My personal goal for July is read three books per week. So if I succeed in doing that, each week I will come back to one of our blogs and enter in the Rafflecopter for the current week. Then at the end of July there will be a drawing for three winners! Simple as that.
To sign up:
- Make a sign-up post with your goals! This can be a simple tweet stating something like “I pledge to read 2 books a week for the Blogger Summer Reading Program!” Or it can be an entire blog post. It’s all up to you!
- You do not have to be a blogger to join, we’re just not very good at naming things.
- Add the link to your sign-up announcement in both the linky (so we can all see who’s participating!) and the Rafflecopter (for that giveaway entry!)
- Have fun!