I found this tag, where else, BookTube. It was created by Heather from Bookables. I obviously wasn’t tagged but I wanted to do it anyway because it may be a new year, but I am not a new me, and I cannot resist a book tag. I just can’t.
1. how many books do you plan to read in 2018?
I have my Goodreads goal set to 50 and that’s it. I don’t plan on stretching or trying to up the total later in the year, mostly because I have other things going on. I feel like 50 is a reasonable amount that I can get to while prioritizing reading but not stressing myself out.
2. Name 5 books that you didn’t get to this year but want to make a priority in 2018.
I have a nice list of these elsewhere, but off the top of my head I can think of:
- Fireblood by Elly Blake
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
- Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Aftercare Instructions by Bonnie Pipkin
3. What genre do you want to read more of in 2018?
Fantasy! For me, I almost always love fantasy, but it’s a little more of a challenge for me to read. And I’d really like to challenge myself some more.
4. Name three non-book goals in 2018.
- Write every week. Finish this WIP.
- Creating a healthier lifestyle.
- Nurture relationships.
5. What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read?
I’ve had this for years but I am bumping it up in priority because I have it on my 5-star predictions list.
6. One word that you hope your new year will be:
I want to nurture my writing craft. I want to nurture my relationships and reach out to friends and spend more time with extended family. I want to take care of myself – my health, my appearance. I want to help Rosie grow into an even more amazing little girl.
What is one word you hope your 2018 will be?