Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is our Fall TBRs.
1. The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics. I’ve had this book on my Kindle FOREVER and I cannot believe I haven’t read this book. Excited to read this book right around Halloween. It’s going to be a great scary read.
2. Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco. This book has been on my radar forever, even before it came out. The cover was the first thing that hooked me and I hope I love it.
3. Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova. I’ve heard this book is really great and diverse. I love diverse books and I cannot wait to dive into this one.
4. The Hollow Girl by Hillary Monahan. Another spooky read for Halloween and I’m super stoked for it.
5. Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust. I’ve heard some great things about this book and I am hoping that I love this book as much as several other bloggers have.
6. The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma. One of my resolutions for the rest of the year is to read more books that I own. This book was one of the first books I thought of.
7. Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse. This book wasn’t on my radar until I saw it at Costco. I read the back and I knew I needed to buy this book. This time period is so fascinating to me and I cannot wait to dive in.
8. Amy, Chelsea, Stacie Dee by Mary G. Thompson. YAY for more creepy stories. I love books that are creepy and it looks right up my alley.
9. Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown. This book is one of those books that is so important that I think it should be in every high school classroom because it deals with some very hard subjects.
10. Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E. K. Johnston. This one wasn’t even on my radar until Bekka read it and told me about it. I immediately put it on my TBR. I later bought a copy of it and I wanted to prioritize it now.
1. The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo. So after reading Six of Crows, I consider myself a Fan of Bardugo’s. Of course, I haven’t read the conclusion to that duology or Wonder Woman yet, but this is high up on my list. I can’t wait to get the exclusive FairyLoot edition.
2. Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore. I’m currently reading this and though I’m only in the very early pages, I really like it so far. Umbrella building is quite a unique hobby for the main character to have. I also have an f/f ship that I adore but I don’t think will be canon.
3. The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli. Dragons and forbidden love and politics and storytelling! I don’t think I could ask for a better set of ingredients for book-building and I can’t wait to read this.
4. In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan. I literally know nothing about this except that Morgan and Gillian highly recommend and it’s BISEXUAL WITH A CAPITAL B.
5. Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett. I just recently started this one and it’s such a pleasant surprise! I wasn’t expecting much, to be honest, but I’m about 20% in and I’ve really been enjoying it. I absolutely love the setting and there’s dragons!
6. Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel. I don’t know a lot about this, honestly. It came in a subscription box, otherwise I probably would have passed it over completely. It looks like YA paranormal in the vein of Twilight which can be my jam if done well.
7. The Ravenous by Amy Lukavics. I’m so excited for another book from Amy! Her debut scared the pants off me and this looks like it’s about cannibals!!
8. Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda. I read the description for this once and now I don’t remember anything. I do know that it sounds really scary and so many people are pumped for it, so I knew I wanted to read it during October.
9. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich. I’m a sucker for epistolary novels and this is a horror story told in that style! I’ve had this for so long I think this fall is finally the time to dive in.
10. The Bargaining by Carly Anne West. My husband bought this for me a few Christmases ago strictly because he thought it sounded scary. It’s about to be Halloween so now is the perfect time to finally read it.
What are you reading this fall?